Yoga Poses for Kids: Boat Pose
Welcome back to our Summer at the Beach Blog Series. We’re in Week 4 of 6! We hope you’re as excited as we are about keeping your kids practicing yoga and mindfulness all Summer long.
Here is a great way to continue your Summer yoga poses with your kids! Let’s dig into the fun Boat yoga pose. Boat pose strengthens the tummy, hips, and spine!
Pose: Boat Pose
How to do Boat Pose:
- Sit down on your bottom with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Lift your heart up tall.
- Keep lifting your heart up as you lift up one leg.
- You can also lift the other leg, or simply switch which leg you lifted.
- Once your legs are lifted, squeeze them so you feel strong.
- Then, lower your feet back down to the ground into your original position.