Why would I take a Kids Yoga Teacher Training?
What’s it like to take a kids yoga teacher training?
Imagine arriving at our training and seeing a group of people all ready to create big change. Some feel nervous because they have little experience in yoga, others feel elated to add a new skill set to their repertoire, and someone is smiling, feeling joyful to be in the presence of like-minded individuals.
How will you feel?
We ask everyone to consider WHY they are here and people stop to ponder.
What will be your reason for attending?
Why take a Kid’s Yoga Teacher Training?
Childhood is the perfect time to teach children mindfulness, kindness, and the formation of healthy habits. Give them the foundation to build their own yoga and mindfulness practice.
- Expand YOUR teaching skills: learn how to create lesson plans, regulate a classroom, and teach kids in a safe and engaging way
- Nourish YOUR imagination for teaching children: fun and playful ways to introduce storytelling, games, yoga movement, breathing exercises, meditation and mindfulness
- Improve YOUR practice: many graduates leave our training with new tools to improve and reinvigorate their own practice
- Build YOUR business: learn the ins-and-outs of forming a kids yoga business
- Connect to OUR community: all graduates leave our trainings meeting like-minded individuals who we call family!
Teaching yoga to kids is definitely different than teaching adults–learn the tools to create a safe, playful and engaging atmosphere for children!
What do you learn at a Kid’s Yoga Teacher Training?
- How to plan a kid’s yoga lesson
- How to teach kids yoga
- How child development informs how to teach to different ages and abilities
- Communication pointers
- How to set up a class
- How to get additional support and experience
- Kids yoga poses
- Partner poses
- Breathing techniques
- MORE ABOUT YOURSELF!
From yoga teachers to school educators, to speech pathologists, to parents–we work with anyone who works with children.
- School admin
- Healthcare personnel
- Pediatric clinicians
- Social workers
- Yoga teachers
- Camp Counselors
- Teaching Artists
- Mindfulness practitioners and professionals
- OT, ABA, PT, RN, Md.
- Dance and gymnastic teachers
- Gym teachers
What experiences are had?
- Life-changing career moments
- New opportunities to bond with children
- Renewed self-care commitments
How does it change or enhance careers?
- Make more money
- Renew your love for your teaching job
- Start a new program at a yoga studio
- Teach after school classes
- Offer yoga to homeschool families
- Author kids yoga books
- Illustrate/design kids yoga apparel, books, and more
- Reinvigorate yourself as a parent
- Have more mindful connections with the kids you love
- Mentor kids
- Run camps
- Become the official yoga teacher for a school
- Plump your resume
What are people saying?
I have adopted the practices I learned at the Flow and Grow Yoga training! It has drastically changed my daily (classroom) routine. We have yoga breaks almost every day and we have midday meditation every day. The children love it. I believe that it has made such an impact with my students, in behavior, emotional development, academic learning, and social development.
- Judy F., Kindergarten Teacher
“Flow and Grow Kids Yoga teacher training was hands down one of the best, most positive and inspiring weekends of my life! Lara has a vast understanding of yoga and children’s needs from years of personal experience. The training has ignited a passion inside me to teach all children the beauty, power, balance and harmony of yoga!”
— Meghan G., Mom
I can't thank you enough for this YTT weekend! I walked away with an increased sense of confidence in my ability to bring yoga to children, starting with my own little girls. I so appreciate your energy and enthusiasm. You expressed so much faith in all of us and provided such wonderful guidance along our weekend journey. It was all so valuable- the activities we could directly use with children in addition to those that inspired us to reflect on our practices and interactions with children and adults.
Nicole M. Parent and Teacher
”I’m still on a high after the past weekend! Lara came all the way upstate to offer her Flow and Grow Kids Yoga Teacher Training and all of the participants absolutely loved it. It’s motivated many to embark on the journey to become a certified yoga instructor by doing the 200-hour training. It was clearly an inspirational weekend!
— Karen Score, Owner of Yoga Mandali in Saratoga Springs, NY
“I frequently use teaching tools within my practice as a Pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist that I learned from Lara during teacher training last year. I was so impressed with Lara’s knowledge and passion for yoga, and I’ve recommended her to family and friends for private yoga classes (for both adults and children.) Her young students love her class, learn from it, and are eager to return!
— Lynn V., Speech Pathologist