Flowing Through Cat and Cow Poses
Cat and Cow Pose is a classic yoga class staple -- for both kids and adults. With flowing through these two poses, kids have fun with making animal shapes and sounds. Adults enjoy the feeling of connecting breath and movement as they move their spines. Yogis of all ages can warm up their spines for poses to come with this flow. It also stretches and tones the stomach, arms and legs. It's a flow the whole family can enjoy and benefit from!
Poses: Cat and Cow
Ages: appropriate for all ages
Mantra: I am flexible.
- Come to all fours on your hands and knees.
- As you inhale, lift your chest and tailbone toward the ceiling.
- Let your belly relax towards your mat.
- Raise your head up. Press down into your knees and hands so you feel strong and supported.
- Hold the pose. Say ‘Moo!’
- Repeat to warm up and the spine and feel energy flowing through your body!
- Bonus flow: look back at your cat and cow "tails", looking back at your feet from side to side, to stretch out the sides of the body.
Suggestions for following poses: Downward-Facing Pose, "Bird Dog" Pose, Cobra Pose, Shark Pose
You can find these poses in our new book -- "Animal Yoga Adventure".