Cultivating Mindfulness for Middle and High School
Together, we can cultivate a mindful culture that gives yourself and your tweens/teens a path to a calmer and happier classroom.
Yoga and Mindfulness Workshop for Educators and their Students
Middle and high schoolers are facing greater demands than ever before. And often, both students and teachers experience stress and anxiety. With mindfulness, teachers can be equipped with the tools to support their students by helping them form lifelong healthy habits with calmness, curiosity and awareness.
In this workshop, we will learn:
- what is mindfulness, the benefits, and how to integrate mindfulness in the classroom
- how to teach mindfulness in a safe, engaging and compassionate way
- how to develop your daily practice and extend this practice to your students
- how to use the gradual release of responsibility to design your own academic year plan
- 18 mindfulness activities perfect for middle/high school-aged children
Participants receive our comprehensive manual, Cultivating Mindfulness for Middle and High School, made for educators helping contextualize the use of mindfulness in the classroom.
For Teachers, Counselors, and Specialists
If you are a teacher, clinician, or supportive staff member, or someone who works with tweens/teens and are looking to empower, regulate and inspire your students – let’s create a mindful classroom. Mindfulness helps children calm down, regulate emotions, and boosts attention and performance. We know tweens and teens have curious and creative brains, so why not cultivate that with attention, kindness and compassion. Teachers and students will gain the wonderful benefits of building resilience and managing stress in the classroom and beyond!
Support your Tweens/Teens with Mindfulness
Research shows us many benefits of mindfulness, including increased brain functions such as awareness, concentration and decision-making. Imagine giving your tweens/teens the tools that will support them not only in the classroom, but lifelong. Using our methodology, we give educators activities that you can do with your students, together.
Who is this workshop for?
Teachers, Counselors, School Professionals in the middle and high school setting
Teachers who are stressed. Mindfulness is proven to reduce teacher burnout and stress, which in turn makes for happier students and classrooms.
Teachers who are passionate about fostering growth in their students. Lead the next generation with compassion and kindness. Mindfulness can build a stronger generation.
Teachers who are looking to calm and regulate their classroom. We all know that tweens and teens can be energetic. How about directing that energy in a positive, caring manner so that students can learn in a calm, effective and present environment.
The goal of our workshops are to impart in-depth training on our methodology of mindfulness. We believe in giving educators the tools which can be gradually released to students to form lifelong healthy habits.
- On-site Workshops: we come to your schools and work with your educators through group activities and experiential learning. We offer 3-hour workshops which can be one-time or multiple-times throughout the school year.
- Experiential Learning: we believe in creating hands-on activities, group activities, and facilitated discussions that your educators will learn from and have fun while doing. These activities can then be easily taught in the classroom and passed onto students.
- Material Support: each workshop comes with handout material support, including a comprehensive manual with how-to instruction of mindful activities and a SmartBoard-friendly presentation educators can use with their students.
Contact us to book your next workshop!
Fields marked with an * are required.